117 S 2nd St, Fort Pierce, FL 34950
• Take a trip back in time to explore Patrick Smith’s early writing career and things that influenced the topics he chose to write about.
• Learn about a timely novel he wrote based on the struggles of blacks and whites in the “Old South” of 50+ years ago.
• He’ll show how his father took time away from his job and worked alongside migrant workers in order to write Angel City, a novel which helped improve the lives of migrant workers everywhere.
• Hear amazing stories about Smith’s unexpected popularity in the Soviet Union.
• You’ll learn how he researched A Land Remembered for over two years before he could write it. You’ll be mesmerized by some of the videos Rick has created about A Land Remembered.
• See how seemingly random events play into Patrick Smith’s books.
• You’ll take a trip back to Florida in 1933 as Patrick Smith shares a heart-warming story of a trip he took when he was 6 years old. Everyone living in Florida should see this video clip.
There’s so much more. Rick doesn’t do this show alone because Patrick Smith makes several video appearances to personally tell fascinating stories about his life and about writing his books.
This program is a sensory delight incorporating over 50 video clips, photos, paintings, music, sound effects and a few jokes to transport you to another place and time. Rick Smith narrates live throughout the show, answers questions and will gladly sign your books.