This autumn, reel in some of the best fish in the region! Here are a few tips to find that perfect spot to cast out your lines in the Indian River Lagoon (inshore) & just beyond the Fort Pierce Inlet (offshore).
Rig ‘em up!
- Pick up some bait and tackle from Little Jim Bait & Tackle, White’s Tackle or another local bait shop. Some of the best bait for fishing in St. Lucie are live mullet, live shrimp, topwater plugs and swim baits.
Find your own secret spot
- Many fish like to hide near structures in or around the water –think a platform such as a dock, bridge or ledge that provides some kind of shelter for fish. Unsure of where to go? Check out Wildcat Cove on North Hutchinson Island & Bear Point Sanctuary on South Hutchinson Island for some secluded but fish-full fishing spots.
- Offshore, anglers are catching snapper, snapper and snapper! Out along the reefs, catch anything from Mutton Snapper, Mangrove Snapper to Lane Snapper. One Mutton Snapper that was caught recently weighed in at 14 pounds! Trolling baits are still working for great mahi catches, too.
- Inshore, snook, trout and redfish have been reported steady throughout the mangrove islands off of North Hutchinson Island. We see a Grand Slam in your future!
Rent a Boat or Book a Charter
- Looking to fish by boat? Check out Treasure Coast Boat Rentals and rent just what you need for a half-day or a full-day of fishing.
- Interested in having an expert fishing captain take you on a private or group fishing charter inshore or offshore? Check out all of our fishing charters here.
For Places to Stay in St. Lucie, go here.
For waterfront accommodations or accommodations in close proximity to great fishing spots, check out these great spots:
See more of what St. Lucie locals & visitors are catching!
Florida has very broad public records laws. Most written communications to or from County officials regarding County business are public records available to the public and media upon request. It is the policy of St. Lucie County that all County records shall be open for personal inspection, examination and / or copying. Your e-mail communications will be subject to public disclosure unless an exemption applies to the communication. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete all materials from all computers.