Spring is the best time of year to visit the botanical gardens in St. Lucie. Wander through stunning gardens at the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens or Heathcote Botanical Gardens in Fort Pierce.
- Relax & unwind through beautiful tropical Florida.
2. Garden Sales! Check both of the gardens’ calendars frequently to see when you can take a piece of the garden home with you.
3. At Heathcote, visitors can view the largest public display of tropical bonsai in the United States.
- There are many unique garden rooms to explore. At each of the botanical gardens, wander through a variety of garden “rooms” such as the Japanese garden room at Heathcote or the Bromeliads garden room at Port St. Lucie.
- The admission fees are easy on your wallet. The cost of admission at Heathcote Botanical Gardens is $8 for adults, $6 for Seniors and $3 for children ages 6 to 12 (free for children under 6) At the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, admission is by donation only.
- Behold beautiful blooms! Come see what’s in season as both gardens are open year-round!
- Learn how to cultivate your own bonsai trees. Heathcote offers monthly classes in their workshop.
- Bi-monthly jazz night Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens. That’s right, every other Wednesday evening from 6:30pm-9:30pm, it’s music to your ears by the soothing sounds of the Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society in the gardens.
- Both have garden gift shops on the premises. Buy something for your garden or a unique souvenir.